About the Center
Organizational Info | Our Work | Contact Us | Donate | Store | Sponsorship
The Center for Watershed Protection, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to fostering responsible land and water management through applied research, direct assistance to communities, award-winning training, and access to a network of experienced professionals. The Center is your first source for best practices in stormwater and watershed management. The Center was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Ellicott City, Maryland.
As national experts in stormwater and watersheds, The Center for Watershed Protection takes a practical approach to complex, technical watershed management issues; providing collaborative leadership across disciplines and professions with a commitment to protect, restore and enhance our streams, rivers, lakes, wetlands and bays.
The Winter 2014 issue of Runoff Rundown has arrived! Read now...
Latest Watershed Science Bulletin
available. CWPA members must log in to read.
Need to develop an IDDE program? Read the guidance.
NEW! Two versions of the Watershed Treatment Model (WTM) released to help users estimate benefits from a wide range of stormwater runoff and pollutant removal practices. Download your FREE COPY of the WTM and User's guide.
Reid Christianson considers if enhancing existing stormwater practices with additives such as biochar, iron filings and fly ash is a cost-effective method for increasing performance in the latest blog.
Maryland “Rain Tax” Debunked: Stormwater Fees are Common, Equitable Way to Pay for Reducing Polluted Runoff. Learn More...
Other Center Websites
- Center for Watershed Protection Awarded Gold-Level GuideStar Exchange Participant
- Hye Yeong Kwon Graduates from Leadership Maryland- Class of 2013
- The BUBBAs are coming!
- Chesapeake Bay Program approved new stream restoration protocols for estimating sediment and nutrient load reductions
- Center for Watershed Protection Appoints Scarfone as New Board Member
- The Center for Watershed Protection advances in providing stormwater and watershed management resources with new website features and enhanced membership benefits
- Leadership Maryland Selects Hye Yeong Kwon for its Class of 2013