By: Laura Ingles, C-Ville, December 21, 2012
The Rivanna River was recognized in 2000 as a “national treasure,” and local organizations want the waterway to maintain its value. The Rivanna River Basin Commission (RRBC)—a regional organization representing Charlottesville and Albemarle, Fluvanna, and Green counties, that recommends programs for enhancement of the river and its watershed—recently released the 2012 Rivanna Watershed Snapshot to bring attention to its current condition and encourage future preservation.
The RRBC partnered with other organizations, like the Center for Watershed Protection and StreamWatch, to compile the 12-page document. Local waterway monitor StreamWatch collected the scientific data, and much of the project’s funding came from the RRBC’s startup fund from 2009. The snapshot puts the river’s current state in simple language alongside colorful photos for the public, and officials said they hope it will promote awareness and involvement. Read more...
NEW! Runoff Rundown is now monthly! To read the new August 2014 issue CLICK HERE!
Read the June 2014 Watershed Science Bulletin! Click here!
The latest blog from SWEMA and Gene LeManna urges a more balanced approach of green and grey in stormwater treatment.
Need to develop an IDDE program? Read the guidance.
NEW! Two versions of the Watershed Treatment Model (WTM) released to help users estimate benefits from a wide range of stormwater runoff and pollutant removal practices. Download your FREE COPY of the WTM and User's guide.
Onancock parking lot soaks up rain for a cleaner creek. Learn More...
Other Center Websites
- Center receives EPA funding to restore Proctor Creek Watershed in Atlanta
- How to "credit" trees for runoff and pollutant load reduction
- Onancock parking lot soaks up rain for a cleaner creek
- Panelists focus on the changing, more stringent regulations for stormwater management and the new ecological stormwater era
- Center for Watershed Protection Awarded Gold-Level GuideStar Exchange Participant
- Hye Yeong Kwon Graduates from Leadership Maryland- Class of 2013
- The BUBBAs are coming!