October 16, 2013 (12-2pm EST)
7. Stormwater Trading – Markets or Mayhem?:
“When Donald Duck traded his wings for arms, was he trading up or trading down?”
Learn about the various dimensions of pollutant trading programs, different perspectives on nutrient trading, and opportunities for public/private cooperation to invest in restoration and stormwater management. Based on the information that you learn in this webcast, we hope you will weigh in on whether pollutant trading programs constitute “markets or mayhem.”
Speakers for this webcast are:
- David Foster, Riverkeeper and Environmental Economist for the Chester River Association; Chair of the EPA Chesapeake Bay Program Trading and Offsets Work Group Office (Chestertown, MD)
- Daniel T. Nees, Senior Research, University of Maryland, (College Park, MD)
- Alisa Valderrama, Senior Project Finance Attorney, Center for Market Innovation Program, Natural Resources Defense Council (New York, NY)
The June 2014 Watershed Science Bulletin explores different types of BMP media additives and their phosphorus removal capability. Read now!
The Spring 2014 issue of Runoff Rundown has arrived. Read now!
The latest blog from SWEMA and Gene LeManna urges a more balanced approach of green and grey in stormwater treatment.
Need to develop an IDDE program? Read the guidance.
NEW! Two versions of the Watershed Treatment Model (WTM) released to help users estimate benefits from a wide range of stormwater runoff and pollutant removal practices. Download your FREE COPY of the WTM and User's guide.
Onancock parking lot soaks up rain for a cleaner creek. Learn More...
Other Center Websites
- Center receives EPA funding to restore Proctor Creek Watershed in Atlanta
- How to "credit" trees for runoff and pollutant load reduction
- Onancock parking lot soaks up rain for a cleaner creek
- Panelists focus on the changing, more stringent regulations for stormwater management and the new ecological stormwater era
- Center for Watershed Protection Awarded Gold-Level GuideStar Exchange Participant
- Hye Yeong Kwon Graduates from Leadership Maryland- Class of 2013
- The BUBBAs are coming!