October 16, 2013 (12-2pm EST)
7. Stormwater Trading – Markets or Mayhem?:
“When Donald Duck traded his wings for arms, was he trading up or trading down?”
Learn about the various dimensions of pollutant trading programs, different perspectives on nutrient trading, and opportunities for public/private cooperation to invest in restoration and stormwater management. Based on the information that you learn in this webcast, we hope you will weigh in on whether pollutant trading programs constitute “markets or mayhem.”
Speakers for this webcast are:
- David Foster, Riverkeeper and Environmental Economist for the Chester River Association; Chair of the EPA Chesapeake Bay Program Trading and Offsets Work Group Office (Chestertown, MD)
- Daniel T. Nees, Senior Research, University of Maryland, (College Park, MD)
- Alisa Valderrama, Senior Project Finance Attorney, Center for Market Innovation Program, Natural Resources Defense Council (New York, NY)
Latest Watershed Science Bulletin
available. CWPA members must log in to read.
The Winter 2014 issue of Runoff Rundown has arrived! Read now...
Need to develop an IDDE program? Read the guidance.
NEW! Two versions of the Watershed Treatment Model (WTM) released to help users estimate benefits from a wide range of stormwater runoff and pollutant removal practices. Download your FREE COPY of the WTM and User's guide.
Reid Christianson considers if enhancing existing stormwater practices with additives such as biochar, iron filings and fly ash is a cost-effective method for increasing performance in the latest blog.
Maryland “Rain Tax” Debunked: Stormwater Fees are Common, Equitable Way to Pay for Reducing Polluted Runoff. Learn More...
Other Center Websites
- Center for Watershed Protection Awarded Gold-Level GuideStar Exchange Participant
- Hye Yeong Kwon Graduates from Leadership Maryland- Class of 2013
- The BUBBAs are coming!
- Chesapeake Bay Program approved new stream restoration protocols for estimating sediment and nutrient load reductions
- Center for Watershed Protection Appoints Scarfone as New Board Member
- The Center for Watershed Protection advances in providing stormwater and watershed management resources with new website features and enhanced membership benefits
- Leadership Maryland Selects Hye Yeong Kwon for its Class of 2013