November 20, 2013 (12-2pm EST)
8. Stormwater Utilities: Reckoning the Cost Side of the Equation:
“You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!”
Stormwater utilities continue to be one of the most promising means to build and sustain a local stormwater management program. Developing an effective stormwater utility demands an understanding of both the revenue and cost side of the equation. There are various, well-understood methodologies for the revenue and rate-setting side of the equation, but getting a good read on the actual costs of operating a program and implementing BMPs seems much more mysterious. With evolving BMP specifications and new innovative practices, developing reliable cost data can be tricky, as cost data are notoriously unreliable, and variable. How can a program developing or modifying a stormwater utility do a better job of honing actual costs, both today and into the future? This webcast will provide resources and case studies on this topic, and we guarantee it will be worth the cost!
To date, speakers for this webcast are:
Laurens van der Tak, PE, D.WRE, Vice President, Principal Water Resources Engineer, Water Business Group, CH2M HILL
Ross Gordon, Practice Lead- Stormwater Funding, AECOM
Robert Fraley, Program Specialist - Clean River Rewards, City of Portland, OR
The fall issue of Runoff Rundown has arrived!
Need to develop an IDDE program? Read the guidance.
NEW! Two versions of the Watershed Treatment Model (WTM) released to help users estimate benefits from a wide range of stormwater runoff and pollutant removal practices. Download your FREE COPY of the WTM and User's guide.
Read our latest blog! Climate Change and Stormwater Management: Capacity for Community Adaption Planning
- Chesapeake Bay Program approved new stream restoration protocols for estimating sediment and nutrient load reductions
- Center for Watershed Protection Appoints Scarfone as New Board Member
- The Center for Watershed Protection advances in providing stormwater and watershed management resources with new website features and enhanced membership benefits
- Leadership Maryland Selects Hye Yeong Kwon for its Class of 2013
- Rivanna watershed snapshot shows progress, room for improvement
|Tue Dec 10 @08:00 - 05:00PM|
Mid-Atlantic Living Shorelines Summit, Dec 10-11, 2013
|Wed Feb 26|
International Conference on Stormwater and Urban Water Systems Modeling, February 26 and 27 2014